In preparation for THE NINTH TOUR FINAL, the GazettE has announced a collaboration with the city of Yokohama. In addition to special menu items to appear in Chinatown (the purchase of which will also net you a special postcard), there will be a stamp rally and a limited number of GazettE-themed day passes available for the Minatomirai Line.
The original article by BARKS can be found here.
BARKS: “the GazettE × Yokohama Collaboration” Announced: Chinatown Collaboration Menu and Stamp Rally
Original Article Posted: 2019.8.30 15:30
In preparation for their Yokohama Arena Tour Final <the GazettE LIVE TOUR18-19 THE NINTH TOUR FINAL 「DAIKU / THE NINTH」> on September 23, 2019 (Mon, holiday), a special “the GazettE × Yokohama Collaboration Project” has been announced. It will run from September 7, 2019 (Sat) to September 23, 2019 (Mon, holiday).
This collaboration is being run by the Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau in cooperation with the Minatomirai Line and Yokohama Chinatown. Beginning September 7 (Sat), the Minatomirai Line will be offering limited edition “Original One-Day Fare Passes,” and special collaboration menu items will be introduced in Yokohama’s Chinatown the same day.
Additionally, starting September 21 (Sat), bring the original “GazettE excursion map” produced for this event around to five local business spots designated as stamp locations to be entered into a lottery to win fabulous prizes in the Yokohama Angya (Yokohama Pilgrimage) Stamp Rally.
Why not take the opportunity to have fun around Yokohama while you’re visiting for the Yokohama Arena Tour Final performance?
■ “the GazettE × Yokohama Collaboration Project”
9/7/2019 (Sat)-9/23/2019 (Mon, holiday)
Stamp Rally “Yokohama Pilgrimage” 9/21 (Sat)-9/23 (Mon, holiday): 3-day Limited-time Event
■ the GazettE Original Design “Minatomirai Line One-Day Fare Passes”
9/7 (Sat)-9/23 (Mon, holiday)
Available at the station office of each station on the Yokohama High-Speed Railway’s Minatomirai Line (except Yokohama Station)
[Ticket Validity Period]
From September 7, 2019 (Sat)- March 6, 2020 (Fri); good for one day only
※ Please be aware that you cannot request a specific serial number in advance.
※ Please DO NOT purchase these with the intent of reselling them.
■ the GazettE×Yokohama Chinatown “Limited-Time Collaboration Menu”
Selling collaboration foods themed around the GazettE’s signature color: “black.”
If you order a collaboration menu item at each participating store, you will receive one original postcard per product!
9/7 (Sat)-9/23 (Mon, holiday)
|1. Suihou Honten|
|[Menu]||Black sesame dandan noodles|
|[Price (tax inc.)]||1,206 yen|
|2. Youkihi Boutique & CafeChinois|
|[Menu]||Black fig royal almond pudding|
|[Price (tax inc.)]||756 yen|
|[Menu]||Black soy sauce fried rice|
|[Price (tax inc.)]||907 yen|
|4. Edosei Honten|
|[Menu]||Black meat-manjuu (steamed bun with meat filling)|
|[Price (tax inc.)]||500 yen|
|• Edosei Oodoori Shop|
|• Edosei Riiron Ichiba-doori Shop|
|• Edosei Seki Teibyou-doori Shop|
|[Price (tax inc.)]||702 yen|
|6. ROUROU Cafe|
|[Menu]||Jet-black triangle (*ROUROU recently posted a photo; this is a trio of food items: a sandwich, a black mooncake, and a dark chocolate gateau)|
|[Price (tax inc.)]||Single item: 1,200 yen|
Combo with drink: 1,500 yen
■ Excursion Map
A special Collaboration Project-related map will be distributed.
[Excursion Map Distribution Locations]
- Chinatown Collaboration Menu-participating locations（see all 6 locations in the [Participating Locations] table),
- Stamp Rally installation spots (5 total locations),
- City Tourism Information Centers (Yokohama Station, Sakuragichō Station, Shin-Yokohama Station),
- Minatomirai Line Stations
Daily beginning 9/7 (Sat) (※ only while supplies last)
■ Stamp Rally “Yokohama Pilgrimage”
Collect 5 stamps around the city of Yokohama to participate in a lottery to win fabulous prizes!
9/21 (Sat)-9/23 (Mon, holiday)
LIVE CAFE&BAR「Shin-Yokohama strage」
[Stamp Installation Locations]
- Minatomirai Line “Motomachi/Chuukagai Station” near the ticket vending machine located in the direction of Yokohama Station
- Minatomirai Line “Minatomirai Station” near the ticket vending machine located in the direction of Motomachi/Chuukagai Station (*these two bullet points were updated with information from the GazettE’s Facebook post in English regarding this event)
- Minatomirai Line’s “Yokohama Station” South Exit outside the ticket gate by the 7-Eleven
- Yokohama Chinatown Information Center near the “ChinaTown 80” entrance
- LIVE CAFE&BAR「Shin-Yokohama strage」near the venue entrance *Note: This installation is only available from 12:00pm on 9/21 (Sat) through the end of the Yokohama Arena Tour Final performance on 9/23 (Mon, holiday).
- Free hotel accommodation vouchers
- Theme park free admission tickets
- Yokohama Arena mascot “Yokoari-kun” goods
- Original stickers, etc.
※ Event details and schedule may change without notice. Please check the organizer’s website for the latest details.
[End of article]
Additionally, Ruki posted a comment on Instagram regarding the collaboration:
Translation: As I've said before, I'm really looking forward to the collaboration with Yokohama 🔥 There's gonna be all kinds of train tickets, a stamp rally, and original foods and drinks. Thank you, Yokohama ☺️ If you're free, please come by and have fun 🙋♂️ And then let us know what you think! #thegazette #ruki #livetour2019 #final #THENINTH #YokohamaArena #Yokohama #collaboration
Additional Information (only available in Japanese unless otherwise noted):
- BARKS original source article, “the GazettE×横浜 コラボ企画決定。中華街コラボメニューやスタンプラリーも”, 2019.08.30
- Yokohama Visitor’s Guide Article, 世界で活躍するバンド「the GazettE (ガゼット)」と横浜がタイアップ『the GazettE×横浜 コラボ企画』, 2019.08.30
- Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau Press Release, 世界で活躍するバンド「the GazettEガゼット」と横浜がタイアップ〜the GazettE×横浜 コラボ企画〜, 2019.08.30 (PDF)
- the GazettE Official Facebook Press Release, 2019.08.30 (English)