Romaji of the song THE MURDER’S TV from the EP Hankou semeibun by the GazettE.
Well, not really romaji because the whole song is already in English, but there are some comments and possible explanations on the lyrics in there as well.
- Lyrics originally sung in English are in italics , and words or phrases I felt were implied are in [brackets] in the translation.
- I also (usually) put repeats of chorus/verses/stanzas in [brackets] if they’re not written that way in the original lyrics for ease of singing along.
- If he writes a word in the lyrics but doesn’t sing it, I put it in light grey to make it easier to skip when singing along.
- I usually romajize katakana characters in CAPITALS, and keep punctuation and line spacing as close to the original booklet as possible. If you see me putting spaces before punctuation at the end of a sentence or writing things in mixed-case capitals, that’s because it’s how it was in the booklet.
- Any comments I had during the romajization/translation process will be included as footnotes so as not to disturb the flow of the song. They’re not required reading, but Ruki does some pretty nifty things with his lyrics/kanji choices, or sometimes there’s further explanations about words or phrases in there.
THE MURDER’S TV: Romaji
Welcome to the”Spycy1 HORROR”
who killed? who killed ? who killed ? mommy ?
Welcome to the “Damian’s2 HORROR”
13thfriday MURDER’S SHOW!!
Welcome to the “Sensual HORROR”
who killed? who killed? who killed? daddy?
Welcome to the “Damian’s HORROR”
spycy joke MURDER’S SHOW!!
Bad in fluence3 shit program!
Bad in fluence communication!
Bad in fluence scum program!
Bad in fluence more bad in fluence
Hey Hey gibbet4 a head of news caster
Hey Hey trash society! Trash social SUICIDE party
Hey Hey gibbet a head of SUPER STAR
“Fuck social” mad murder’s TV show!!
- “Spicy” – this is how it’s spelled in the lyrics.
- From the 1976 horror movie The Omen (and 2006 remake of the same name), about a kid who is the Antichrist. Damien (as his name is spelled in the movie) is creepy and evil and people tend to have gruesome accidents/die in various horrifying ways when they cross his path. Ruki also references Damien/this movie in the song No..
- “Influence” – this is how it’s spelled in the lyrics.
- A gibbet is another name for gallows, where someone is hanged.
犯行声明文 album cover art © 2003 PS Company