Romaji and English translation of the song ７月8日 (Shichigatsu youka) from the album DISORDER by the GazettE.
- Lyrics originally sung in English are in italics , and words or phrases I felt were implied are in [brackets] in the translation.
- I also (usually) put repeats of chorus/verses/stanzas in [brackets] if they’re not written that way in the original lyrics for ease of singing along.
- If he writes a word in the lyrics but doesn’t sing it, I put it in light grey to make it easier to skip when singing along.
- I usually romajize katakana characters in CAPITALS, and keep punctuation and line spacing as close to the original booklet as possible. If you see me putting spaces before punctuation at the end of a sentence or writing things in mixed-case capitals, that’s because it’s how it was in the booklet.
- Any comments I had during the romajization/translation process will be included as footnotes so as not to disturb the flow of the song. They’re not required reading, but Ruki does some pretty nifty things with his lyrics/kanji choices, or sometimes there’s further explanations about words or phrases in there.
Shichigatsu youka: Romaji
Kimi to wakarete ni nen ga tatsu ne
Nanda ka kinou no you ni omoeru yo
Betsu betsu no michi aruiteru kedo
Mada sukoshi kimi no hou muite shimau yo
Ano koro mitai ni modoritai nante
Kakkou warukute ienai kedo
Hontou wa ima demo doushiyou mo nai kurai
Kimi ga suki da yo…
Nasakenai kurai maiban naiteta
Tsurai kara wasure you tomo shita
Demo omoida shichau ne.
Yappari sabishii yo…
Kimi wa ima doko de nani wo shiteru no?
Taisetsu na yume tsukameta no kana…
Shinpai nante yokei na koto ka mo ne
Onegai, kimi no naka kara boku wo kesenai de
Oboeteiru kai? namida to egao ga
Afureta taisetsu na hibi wo
Futari naki nagara
Mata aeru yo ne tte, wasurenai yo tte…
Konna naki mushi de yowai boku dakedo
Mata issho ni aruite kureru kai?
Sonna hi ga kuru made nan’nen demo matteru yo
Douka koe wo kikasete boku wa koko ni iru kara
Mou doko ni mo ikanai yo koko ni zutto zutto iru kara
Koe ga kikitai, denwa wo shite mi you yappari kyou mo tsunagaranai…
Saketeiru no? soresura wakaranai1 sonna aru hi kimi wo mitsuketa yo
Shiawase sou na egao no kimi ima wa aisuru hito to te wo tsunaideru
Otona bita kimi wa tottemo kirei de
Kanashii hazu na no ni ureshikute
Genki sou na kao mireta dakede ii nante… kakkou tsukete
Koe mo kakerezu ni namida wo koraete
Tada chiisaku te wo futte mita
Arigatou ne tte, genki de ite ne tte
Sayonara kimi e
Boku wa ima demo kimi no shiawase wo negatteru yo
Mou aenaku naru daisuki na hito
Hontou ni arigatou kokoro kara
Sayonara genki de ne
Mata au hi made…
Shichigatsu youka (moku) hare2
July 8th: Translation
Two years have passed since you and I broke up
but somehow it still seems like it was just yesterday
We’ve both gone our separate ways, but
occasionally I still [find myself] passing you on the other side of the street
I can’t really say
that I’d like to return to that time, because it was very difficult, but
the truth is, even now I can’t help but feel sad
because I still love you…
I was miserable, sad, and cried every night
You broke my heart, so I tried to forget you,
but [for some reason] I still think about you, don’t I?
I’m just so lonely…
Where are you now, and what are you doing?
I wonder if you were ever able to fulfill those dreams that were so important to you…
Maybe I just worry too much about things like that, but
please, don’t erase me from your life
Do you still remember? The tears and the smiles
that overflowed in those precious days
Then we wept together,
and said we’d meet again, that we’d never forget…
Even though I’m such a weak crybaby,
could we maybe walk together again?
I’ll wait as many years [as it takes] for that day to come
Please let me hear your voice I’m still right here
I’m not going anywhere I’ll always, always be right here
I want to hear your voice, so I’ll try calling you on the phone But as I expected, you won’t take my call…
Are you avoiding me? I don’t understand it Then one day I ran into you
You looked so happy, smiling, holding hands with the person you’re in love with now
You looked so grown-up, so very beautiful
and although it should have made me sad, I was kind of happy for you
Just seeing your face and that you’re doing well is enough… so I tried to act cool
I couldn’t say anything, though, as I tried to hold back my tears
So I just gave you a little wave
to say “thanks” and “I’m doing fine”
So goodbye to you
Even now, I still wish you nothing but happiness
You, the person who I love so much, who soon I won’t get to see anymore
Really, thank you from the bottom of my heart
So goodbye, please be well
Until the day we meet again…
July 8th (Thursday), a clear day2
- Ruki again uses his 理解 (rikai – comprehend) / 解 (waka – understand/realize) switch. See my comment in the D.L.N translation for my thoughts on this.
- This part is written in the booklet, but not sung; the song is written in the form of a diary entry.
MASS album cover art © 2021 HERESY Inc / Sony Music Japan
Leave a Reply