Romaji and English translation of the song 泥だらけの青春。 (Dorodarake no seishun.) from the single “Kichiku kyoushi (32-sai dokushin) no nousatsu kouza,” and the limited-release single Dorodarake no seishun. by the GazettE.
- Lyrics originally sung in English are in italics , and words or phrases I felt were implied are in [brackets] in the translation.
- I also (usually) put repeats of chorus/verses/stanzas in [brackets] if they’re not written that way in the original lyrics for ease of singing along.
- If he writes a word in the lyrics but doesn’t sing it, I put it in light grey to make it easier to skip when singing along.
- I usually romajize katakana characters in CAPITALS, and keep punctuation and line spacing as close to the original booklet as possible. If you see me putting spaces before punctuation at the end of a sentence or writing things in mixed-case capitals, that’s because it’s how it was in the booklet.
- Any comments I had during the romajization/translation process will be included as footnotes so as not to disturb the flow of the song. They’re not required reading, but Ruki does some pretty nifty things with his lyrics/kanji choices, or sometimes there’s further explanations about words or phrases in there.
Dorodarake no seishun.: Romaji
Kitanai kenryoku ya doutoku wo furikaza shiteru hito
Eriito no omae ra ga tsukuri ageta reeru wo fumi hazushi, tsuba wo haki ware michi wo aruku no sa!
Mikudasu na! sou bokura wa narazu no kyouken saa!
Migi muke migi nante dekimasen.
Atama yowai mo nde yubi wo sashi, hara wo kakae, kage de niyatsuku hito.
Doku wo haki, tsubusarete, jiyuu kezurarete “herazu kuchi ya hankou wa yurushimasen yo!” to…
Iyami tarashiku ashiratte kurete “arigatou” tte keri agete yaru sa
Makezu kirai de kuchi warukute baka bakari shita seishun wa korekara mo kawaru koto naku
Zutto bokura wa bokura no mama de tadashiku nakute mo ii ndesu shishunki desu kara…
“Dame no otona ni wa narimasenu”
Toki ni koishite warui koto moshita tada sukoshi kokoro ga yan deita nda
Tada hito ichibai tanoshimitai kara tada hito ichibai tanoshimitai dake
Nare nare shiku ashiratte kurete “arigatou” tte orei wo iu yo
Chuujitsu shugi de hitori ga kowakute nanimo dekinai deshou
Sonna otona ni naritakunai
Narazu mono to kemuta ga reteta bokura wa umareta kono machi de zutto utai tsudzukeru kara
[Makeru kirai de kuchi warukute baka bakari shita seishun wa korekara mo kawaru koto naku
Zutto bokura wa bokura no mama de tadashiku nakute mo ii ndesu shishun ki desu kara…]
“Dame na otona ni wa narimasenu”
Mud-spattered youth.: Translation
Dirty officials, waving their morals over people’s heads
All you elitists get tripped up on those rails you built, so I’ll spit at you and walk my own path!
We’re looked down on! We’re like delinquent mad dogs!
I won’t face right like everyone else.
You people are weak in the head, so we laugh at you until our sides hurt, pointing our fingers and smirking at you from the shadows
We’ll spit out your poison, it’s wasted on us; you can’t curtail our freedom by [saying] “We won’t permit your rebellious ways!”
You deal with things you don’t like by flinging out a “thank you” [at them]
You won’t break us down, even though you say we’re nothing but stupid foul-mouthed youths who will never change
We’ll always remain as we are; it’s OK to be imperfect because that’s what it’s like to be young…
“I won’t ever become a no-good adult”
I sometimes did some bad things but it made me kind of heartsick
Since I want to have more fun than everyone else, then I’ll keep on wanting to have more fun than everyone else
You deal with things you’re overly-familiar with by uttering a “thank you” [at them]
You’re scared, alone, and devoted only to your rules; I hope I’ll never become like that
I never want to be that kind of adult
Delinquents and anti-smokers we were all born in that town; so I’ll keep on singing on and on
[You won’t break us down, even though you say we’re nothing but stupid foul-mouthed youths who will never change
We’ll always remain as we are; it’s OK to be imperfect because that’s what it’s like to be young…]
“I won’t ever become a no-good adult”
「鬼畜教師（３２歳独身）の悩殺講座」 album cover art © 2002 Matina
Leave a Reply